| Why Stainless Steel Cranes & Hoists for Clean Room Lifting
Stainless steel crane is the most common lifting equipment in cleanrooms. Cleanroom cranes transport large or fragile objects within a controlled environment while minimizing the risk of accidents. But what is cleanroom? And why choose stainless steel cranes for lifting in cleanroom?
What is clean room?
A cleanroom is a controlled environment that maintains a very low concentration of airborne particulates. It is well isolated, well-controlled from contamination, and actively cleansed. Such rooms are commonly needed for scientific research, and in industrial production for all nanoscale processes, such as semiconductor manufacturing.
For example, in semiconductor industry, which manufactures almost every electronic item we use in the modern world: cell phone, laptops, etc. Clean room hoists are an essential device for lifting without particle shedding and outgassing.
Cleanrooms are classified into different classes depending on the number of particles allowed in the air per cubic meter. They also control variables like temperature, airflow, and humidity.
Number of Particles per Cubic Meter by Micrometer Size
FED STD 209E
What is clean room crane
Materials such as stainless steel, UHMW, & synthetic lubricants make KUNFENG CRANES line of clean room cranes capable of operating in a class 100, 1000, or 10000 clean room environments.
Stainless steel is known to be robust and able to withstand the most rigorous cleaning processes. And equipped with a stainless-steel cover and UHMW chain cover, stainless steel cleanroom cranes are corrosive resistant. Meanwhile, 316-grade steel is commonly used in the pharmaceutical and medical industry manufacturing environments. And the electroless nickel plating process allows for a smooth, uniform surface that inhibits corrosion and prevents flaking.
With capacity ranging from 100 kg to 10,000 kg, electric cleanroom hoists are used with cranes, such as fiber belt clean room hoists, electric chain hoists and electric wire rope hoists and much more.
Here are 5 advantages of clean room crane:
1. Reduced risk of contamination: Clean room cranes are designed to prevent the introduction of contaminants into the cleanroom environment. Better control for the food industry helps to extend the shelf-life of processed foods.
2. Increased productivity: Clean room cranes can help to increase productivity in cleanrooms by making it easier and faster to move equipment and materials around.
3. Improved safety: Clean room cranes can help to improve safety in cleanrooms by reducing the risk of accidents. This is because clean room cranes are designed to be easy to operate and to prevent objects from falling.
4. Versatility: Clean room cranes can be used to move a wide variety of objects, both large and small. This makes them a valuable asset in any cleanroom environment. As a leading crane manufacturer in China, besides bridge cranes, we can also provide clean room jib cranes, cleanroom gantry cranes, workstation cranes for cleanrooms, etc.
5. Durability: Clean room cranes are built to withstand the harsh conditions of a cleanroom environment, which means less maintenance and can be used for many years without needing to be replaced.
KUNFENG CRANES has a rich experience and knowledge to offer industry leading services to countless industries around the world. We custom build crane & hoist systems to meet the unique needs of all customers worldwide. Contact us today!